slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Thursday, March 18, 2010

Balance

Balance is an important theme in my life. Here are some balance struggles that I think about a lot:

Yoga
  • going to class vs. practicing on my own

  • challenging myself in the basic poses and doing/learning advanced poses vs. being too easy on myself
  • focusing on teaching vs. focusing on my own practice
  • power yoga vs. restorative yoga
  • not falling over in balancing poses (this is especially fun when teaching them because you have to talk and look around)
Work
  • doing my work quickly, but with perfect accuracy
  • being friendly, but not spend too much time socializing
  • taking it seriously, but not stressing out to the extreme
  • working overtime when needed, but trying to not need overtime to get the job done
WoW
  • being a good officer, but not dedicating my life to the game
  • keeping the game fun for myself and others so it doesn't become more like work than a game
  • caring about the success of the guild without taking the fun out of the game
Home
  • doing things with Brad that we both enjoy vs. doing my own thing
  • planning everything out vs. being spontaneous
  • relaxing vs. being active
  • chores vs. fun time
  • hanging out with friends/leaving the house vs. staying home
  • having the yard not look like the house is abandoned vs. overdoing the yard so that it's too much work to maintain it
Food
  • eating healthy vs. enjoying treats/not being too strict with food
  • cooking vs. eating out
  • meat vs. veggies
  • food as fuel vs. food for pleasure

No comments:

Post a Comment