slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Monday, January 24, 2011

Yoga Day USA

Yoga Day USA was this past Saturday.

Studios all over the country held free yoga classes and San Antonio was no exception.

I wasn't able to participate as a student in any classes, but that's ok, because I taught 3 classes that day.

The first class was my normal Spectrum class that I'm enjoying very much. That room is a challenge to speak audibly in, but I'm working on it. I have to avoid the temptation to minimize the words I say because I have a lot to teach. I just have to get comfortable projecting my voice or break down and use the microphone. Should I just use the microphone? It seems like a yoga teacher faux pas, but I could be crazy.

Then I went to Two Hearts Yoga and team taught 2 yoga classes with my friend, Stephanie. We were in teacher training together and she's a good friend. I've been going to her Rockin' Vinyasa class on Fridays and really enjoying it. I'm familiar with how she teaches, but she's not that familiar with how I teach, but she does know that I'm pretty into Ashtanga. It was a fun day, and I was a little sore from all the demonstrating.

Since our classes were official yoga meetups, we got rated by some of the students after class. Right now we have 5 ratings with 5 stars. People said such nice things. It's pretty exciting to see that.


“ I really enjoyed this Meetup!!! ”

“ If you want to learn Yoga, this is the place, ”

“I enjoy the classes very much, and look forward to continuing yoga practices. ”

“Stephanie and Becky complimented each other in their teaching styles. The class was excellent!”

No comments:

Post a Comment