slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Ashtanga Yoga Thesis Presentation

I have my Ashtanga thesis presentation on Sunday. Don't they make it sound all fancy? I wrote an 11-page paper about Ashtanga yoga, and I'm giving a presentation to the class on it. It's not that big of a deal, but I'm nervous and excited about it.

I've been teaching an Ashtanga-based beginners class at work. It's really neat to teach people who genuinely want to learn. I beam with excitement as I eagerly answer their questions, even when it leads me to do a vinyasa over and over again so they can watch the details. I hope I never lose this enthusiasm and love of teaching.

My class on Monday went really, really well. It was a small class. The New Year's guilt has worn off. People seem disappointed to see only 3 or 4 people in class, but it doesn't matter to me as long as I have someone to practice on. I've noticed that people are more comfortable asking questions in smaller groups, so it's really great for beginners. Everyone who was there wanted a vigorous workout, and I was happy to oblige. I guess the people who want gentle stretching got scared off. hahaha

My goal for next week is to explain more about the breath at the beginning. Also, since I'm basically teaching modified Ashtanga Primary Series, I really feel like I should explain the bandhas, even though moola bandha is awwwwwwwkward, especially to coworkers.

No comments:

Post a Comment