slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Vegetarian

Well, paper writing with a migraine didn't go too well, but I did have a lot of time to sit and think. I decided to be a vegetarian. I've been leaning towards it for a few months, but refused to label myself because of the rules that come with it. I'm just going to go for it. I would be vegan, but that's REALLY hard to do.

The vegetarian label itself means that I'm less likely to compromise eating healthy when I visit my in-laws. Yes, they'll probably give me a hard time about why I suddenly don't want to have anything to do with anything they're trying to feed me, but we'll work that out.

Brad got me to teach him some yoga poses. He's noticed that they ease the tension in his back. I'm teaching him a little each day. I did the assist on him that I learned from Sreedhara on Saturday where you pull the hips back with a yoga strap in down dog. He seemed to think this meant that I was going to hold him up with the strap. No, no, I'm just helping pull you back a little more, you still have to hold yourself up.

It's really neat to teach him one on one. I was able to guide him down into triangle without collapsing into it the way most people do. It's so much easier to be watching and touching to see when he tries to collapse as it happens.

Edit: the vegetarian thing only lasted a week :-P

No comments:

Post a Comment