slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Tuesday, January 19, 2010

Eye Wash — Because Neti Pots Aren't Weird Anymore

Two yoga teachers who I respect a lot independently recommended eye wash. There are all kinds of recipes for herbal eye wash, and one of them even recommended putting a little cayenne pepper in the water. SCARY!

I'm not brave enough to play with my own concoction, so I bought this eye wash at the pharmacy today.

I swooshed the room temperature solution around my eyeballs. It was weird and reminded me of the first time I used a neti pot. I had to resist my natural urge to freak out about a rush of liquid on my eye. It didn't hurt because it's saline solution. It was a little cold. I could have tried to get it to just the right temperature, but I'd prefer "eeek cold" to "ow ow burn" any day.

My eyes feel great! Wow, they feel so clean and refreshed. If I keep doing this I might be able to wear contacts all the time again instead of only to yoga! This is much better than expensive eye drops! I'm so glad I tried it.

No comments:

Post a Comment