slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Green Smoothie and Blender Soup

I went to a yoga workshop taught by Doug Swenson. He's a big name in the yoga world, and I got him to sign my book! Anyway he gave some nutrition advice that I've been trying.



Green Smoothie


This is actually really yummy! You put a banana, apple, orange, and spinach in the blender. You don't have to add any liquid because the orange and apple are juicy. You can also put in strawberries, blueberries, whatever you want... Spinach doesn't have a strong flavor, so you don't taste it at all, and no one at work will steal your smoothie from the fridge!

The other idea is blender vegetable soup. I've been working at making this one taste good, that's a bit more challenging. I put broccoli, carrots, and onion into a blender with hot water. That was very bland and not very yummy. I didn't want to give up, so I tossed in some vegetable beef soup at hand, still pretty bland. Then I added some rosemary and garlic. That made it a little more edible, but still not great. I gave up for the day and left it in the fridge overnight. After that it was a lot better. All the flavors had time to blend. Finally I put a little Almond milk in there and it was yummy! Next time I'm going to put tomato in there too. I think that will make a big difference.

No comments:

Post a Comment