slideshow


Created with flickr slideshow.

Monday, November 29, 2010

Life Doesn't Always Go According to Plan

I had a miscarriage a month ago today. It was a hard way to learn that I don't have as much control over my life and my body as I'd like. I'm still glad that I told my friends, but I wish I hadn't told as many people at work and on Facebook.

When we saw the heart beat on the ultrasound at 8 weeks, the doctor said that miscarriage after seeing a heart beat is very rare and that we were "out of the woods." I even asked, "So I can put it on Facebook?" She said, "Yes." I knew that it was still the 1st trimester and that miscarriage is a possibility any time until it's over, but she told me what I wanted to hear, and I ran with it.

Here's another lesson I learned the hard way: a rare chance doesn't mean not possible.

Sometimes life does go according to plan. I just picked up my first regular teaching job at Spectrum. I don't have to worry about subbing the 2 classes a month minimum. Now I can just sub as a favor when it's convenient (i.e. not going Downtown Monday afternoon to sub anymore). That class starts this Saturday and I'm very excited. It's such a good time to start teaching a class: right before the New Year's rush of new faces.

No comments:

Post a Comment